I was nominated by Julia from The Glass of Class to take part in the Liebster award. For those who don’t know about the Liebster Award: The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. Acknowledging up and coming bloggers for their talent, and being able to read many different blogs through each other. The simple rules are, you choose your nominees and you ask them questions that they will go and answer on their own blog. Those nominees will then choose their own 11 nominees, and ask 11 questions of their choice. (I am a rule breaker and I chose 12)
To read Julia’s Liebster Award Nomination Post, click here.
Here I go.
1. Why did you start blogging?
The reason I started to blog was that I have enjoyed writing ever since a young age, and I find it to be one of my favorite outlets for expressing my creativity. My world at the time felt so small so I created it in hopes that it would open my world back up again. I have a deep love for adventure, and I want to share my adventure with the world. The blog is still new and developing so there will be more to come in the future, and more interesting reads.
2. What do you do when you get writer’s/blogger’s block?
When I get writer’s block, I just want to lay in bed and watch tv. I feel so unmotivated because I know I have creative things I want to write about, but I just can’t push the right words out of my head. I actually get slightly depressed. The thing that typically gets me out of my funk, is by leaving my house and being amongst people. Most times I love to go to one of my local coffee shops and plug-in some good jams as well as visualize an inspiring travel memory. Another way I like to get out of my writer’s block is by going somewhere outdoors, and being in nature.
3. What are the best things about your blog?
One of the best things about my blog would have to be the imagery I portray in some of my posts. I like to appeal to my reader’s senses so that it allows them to relive that moment I am describing, as well as engage them in what they are reading. Another thing I would say another one of the best things is the fact that I have a Spotify playlist just for my blog. You can find under the “Latest Travels” or on any of one of my blog posts.
4. What is the biggest advantage of being a blogger?
I think the answer to this question would have to be the blogging community. There is an abundance of support and talent with all the bloggers, and it is really inspiring to be a part of. Whether you are sad or you are happy, most of everyone is there to pick you up or cheer you on.
5. How did you pick your blog name?
Originally my blog name was Hopeless Wanderer which derived from the Mumford and Son’s song. After some time, I realized that the name did not fit me personally so I changed it to Travelling Wanderer. You can see the full answer in a Blogger Spotlight I did here.
6. If you could have dinner with 5 celebrities, who would it be and why?
Gabrielle Aplin, Kristin Wigg, Ellen, Robin Williams, and Morgan Freeman. Why all of these people you ask? Well, I feel like I can relate to all of them in some way and I am mean, who doesn’t want to speak to Morgan Freeman?
7. What is your all time favourite dessert?
Banana pudding with Nilla Wafers.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
To be honest this is a really hard question to answer since there are so many places in this world I would love to live. If I was to choose one of my all time favorites, I would live in a small town in Greece, learn the language, and completely immerse myself in the culture.
9. What is your favourite animal and why?
Besides my cat Bali, I would have to say my favourite has always been horses. When I was little, I would pretend I was one (shhh don’t tell anybody) and run around making neighing noises. Of course, I don’t do that now, I just admire their majestic beauty and wait till the day I can actually own one.
10. What is the one quote you live by?
“The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence. We were born to live my dear not to merely exist.” Becca Lee
11.What do you hope to achieve in 10 years’ time?
I would like to look back in 10 years’ time, and not regret a single thing I did. My goals are to be in a fulfilling career that doesn’t make me dread work every day, I want to live in a tiny house and be mortgage free, I want to write and travel often, be married, and own a golden retriever. I want to have a simple and fulfilling life.
Now that is done, I call my nominees. All of the nominees that I chose are each very unique and talented souls whose blogs all range in various subjects. Please take a look at their blogs below.
- Adina from Cup of Critique
- Collette from Colfessions
- Amy from MissAmyMaria
- Laila from Lailabee
- Marta from This is Simply Me
- India and Cole from Stories of Adventure
- Sophia from Sophia’s Sphere
- Elise from Eliseetamsinn
- Natasha from Lingerie Lovin’
- Larissa from Life of Larissa
- Bethany from A Quirky Perspective
- Brittany from The rinky-DINK Life
- Billi from Billi Loves Beauty
11, or oops 12 Questions for You
1. Tell us about your blog, and what inspired you to start it?
2. If there’s a takeaway you want visitors to leave your blog with what is it?
3. Describe yourself in three words.
4. Would you explore the deep-sea or outer space?
5. If you could go without sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
6. What advice would you give to new (or even seasoned) bloggers?
7. How do you create new content, when it seems like everything has already been done?
8. What are your top 3 travel destinations?
9. What is your most embarrassing moment?
10. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
11. What do you want to accomplish in this life?
12. Bonus/Optional: where (if applicable ) can readers find you on social media?
This post was so great to do, I am thankful for my nomination. Now, my beautiful nominees go and create your posts and help your own readers get to know you a little better. I look forward to seeing all of them.
Off to Wander,